Buckshaw Village is a newly created residential and industrial area, which largely sits in Euxton, between the towns of Chorley and Leyland in Lancashire, England. It is one of the largest urban development sites in the North West of England.
The 210-acre development hosts approximately 3000 homes. The development includes a new railway station with direct access to M6 and M61 motorways as well as the A6 and A49 roads. a primary school, leisure centre with pool, doctors surgery, retirement home, creche and ample shopping amenities, community centre and restaurants.
Buckshaw Hall is a grade II listed 17th-century country house in Buckshaw village.
Extensive restoration of the southern wing was carried out by Colonel Thomas Richard Crosse in 1885, after which it was sold to Richard Stock, who in 1936 sold the estate and surrounding farmland to the Ministry of Supply to establish a new munitions factory. The munitions complex was known as ROF Chorley and the hall was used for office accommodation. In 2005 the factory was closed and the site was transferred back to private ownership. Much of the land is being developed for housing as Buckshaw Village.
In 1954 the Ministry of Works planned to demolish the building but this was not done. By 2002 Buckshaw Hall was dilapidated and Chorley Civic Society, campaigned for developers to restore it. Having been sold in 2018, the hall is now privately owned. Restorative work has included reconstruction of the collapsed east elevation.